Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 1

    Euroairport, Mulhouse, France

    19 de julio de 2022, Francia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    have you ever stopped by this airport? it’s a funny thing… it is an airport of three nationalities: swiss 🇨🇭, german 🇩🇪 and french 🇫🇷. the correct name is: euroairport basel, mulhouse, freiburg. so you have two exits: french/german (EU) and swiss. if you take the swiss exit you actually can only enter a bus 🚌 which goes to basel (10 min) and if you do not leave the bus 🚌 before you reach basel, you did not enter france 🇫🇷 - funny thing isn’t it? if you take the EU exit you are in france, but since there is no border control between france and germany you can reach germany within 10 minutes by car 🚙.
    before the airport was built, there already was a similar solution in basel for the train. there are two main stations: basel SBB/SNCF and basel bad bf. basel SBB/SNCF is a swiss/french 🇨🇭/🇫🇷 station where you can switch french trains 🚂 in a separate railway hall, which is separated by a customs barrier from the swiss part. basel bad bf. is a station where you can only change german trains 🚂 (there are no others). the whole station is officially german 🇩🇪 ground in the middle of switzerland 🇨🇭. as long as you stay inside, you are in germany, the moment you leave the building, you pass a border control and enter switzerland. i love ❤️ that i grew up in such a cosmopolitan area…
    so i will leave through swiss 🧀 exit, take the bus 🚌 to basel and drive straight to my good friend „scheuch“.
    Leer más