Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Gallo pinto & ceviche

    September 28, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    I already have two favorite dishes here - gallo pinto for breakfast and ceviche in different varieties as main meal ❤️.

    The rest of the time I eat fruit 🍍🍑🥝🥥🍋🥭🍌🫐 and drink fruit smoothie 😋.

    Gallo pinto is traditional breakfast dish in Costa Rica, consisting of rice and beans as a base and has a long history and importance to Costa Rican identity and culture.

    The beans in gallo pinto are quickly cooked until the juice is almost consumed, then combined with prepared rice and other ingredients such as cooked bell peppers, coriander, chopped onions, and garlic.

    Ceviche is a cold dish consisting of fish or shellfish marinated in citrus and seasonings. Different versions of ceviche are part of the culinary culture of various Spanish-American countries along the Pacific Ocean.

    Some of the most frequently used citrus fruits are lemon and sour lime, although sour orange was historically used. The dressing also includes chili pepper and coriander and the fish is usually marinated together with sliced onion.

    The ceviche accompaniments can be different: plantain, patagones/tostones, tortilla chips or chifles patacones.

    In short: I could get used to it ❤️🤣.
    Read more