Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Quepos

    September 28, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today I took the bus 🚌 to Quepos. I had a few things on the shopping list 📃 and had to get into the authentic life of Costa Rica.

    Quepos is really a typical Central American small town. Lots of colorful low-rise buildings 🏩🏩🏩 and one crowded store after another. The people are in a good mood 😊 and friendly, everyone says hello 👋 and no one is annoying. You can buy everything and the hustle and bustle is concentrated around the central bus 🚍 station. In short: Feels like home for me ❤️.

    For sure it has a history: It is named for the native Quepo Indians who inhabited the place in the colonial era.

    In 1563, Spanish Catholic conquistadores, settled the area and founded the settlement of San Bernardino de Quepo. The local native Quepo people were then subsequently subjugated.

    In 1746, the Quepo people that remained were transferred to a reservation which already contained another native ethnic group.

    Nowadays Quepos offers fishing for numerous varieties of fish, especially Pacific Sailfish. Peak fishing season is from November to April for billfish.

    It has a tropical monsoon climate with moderate to little rainfall from January to March and heavy to very heavy rainfall in the remaining months, most in September and October 🤪.

    So I strolled around, bought some stuff and went to a soda... what a soda is? Check out the next entry for that 😜.
    Read more