Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,795

    Baby Wombat!!!!

    March 3 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 2 °C

    We have been hiking in the Cradle Mountain National Park before so we kind of knew what to expect and where to find a lot of Wombats. During the day it is hard to spot anything in the national park. And because of the narrow road the only way to get into the park during the day is by an overpriced shuttle bus. But at 6pm the shuttle bus stops operating and everyone is leaving the park. That is also the moment the gate opens and we were allowed to drive in with our own car. So we went straight in and explored the park with hardly anyone around us. And of course we saw more Wombats we were able to count. Such a fun watching these guys and how cute is the baby? Our first baby Wombat in the wild! Absolutely worth it, but also the second time today we got deep frozen.

    Wir sind schon einige Wanderwege im Cradle Mountain Nationalpark gewandert von daher wissen wir mittlerweile wann und wo wir hin müssen um Wombats zu entdecken. In den Nationalpark führt nur eine furchtbar enge Straße, weshalb man während des Tages nur mit einem Shuttlebus in den Park kommt. Allerdings ist es tagsüber quasi unmöglich Wombats oder Wallabies zu beobachten. Um 18 Uhr hört der Shuttlebus allerdings auf zu fahren und so ziemlich jeder verlässt den Park. Gleichzeitig öffnet sich aber auch die Schranke sodass wir nun selber in den Park fahren können. Und was man dann sieht sind Wombats und Wallabies ohne Ende. Sogar unser erstes Wombat Baby haben wir hier heute entdeckt! So süß!
    Read more