Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 11

    Aguilar de Campoo

    14 juli 2023, Spanje ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    The trip to Lagos de Covadonga made us reconsider our decision to head into Picos de Europa with a car rental. The road is very narrow at times, and one has to figure out how to handle incoming traffic, usually by having to make maneuvers with only inches of spare room at the edge of the road. So we changed the plan and decided to head towards Segovia/Madrid earlier, and that way, we wouldn't have to pack too much driving in a single day but split into two parts.

    We decided to stay at a nice hotel into Aguilar de Campoo, midway, between Covadonga and Segovia. This town was a pleasant surprise in many respects. When we walked around, we found it to be quaint and picturesque, built with a medieval wall (pit included) and a central plaza.

    Since the place where we wanted to have dinner was full, we headed to a nearby Italian place as option B, with very low expectations about having good Italian food in Spain. However, we were blown away by the dinner. We had one of the most delicious pizzas we have ever had all while enjoying tinto de verano and a nice caprese salad as well. Nadia ended up almost eating a whole pie herself, and even Karina, who was not hungry, ended up getting four slices as well.

    Coming back into the hotel, we took a very needed shower and slept to continue our way into Segovia.
    Meer informatie