Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Segovia Aqueduct

    July 15, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We found a restaurant close to the Alcazar and had our first experience with Castilian cuisine in Asador David Guijarro. For dinner, we had a dinner menu, including Judiones de la Granja (a dish very similar to Fabada but with large beans from San Ildefonso) and lechoncillo. The lechincillo was very similar to Peking duck, but with pork. It is crispy on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside, and absolutely delicious to eat. The deserts were also amazing, especially the dessert in the form of a candle and full of yogurt ice cream that the kids had.

    After dinner, we walked towards our inn and did a small stop at the Aqueduct. It is very impressive as it has stood the test of time, having been built almost two thousand years ago. It was functional until about 50 years ago, and it is a testament to the ability of Roman architects. The double arch design is functional, beautiful, and interesting all at the same time. The funniest part, though, was that as we started taking pictures, we started to make funny poses, and we kept going while laughing like maniacs in the middle of the street. To the credit of Segovians and other tourists, no one seemed to actually care or judge us for it, and got some really funny pictures for kicks and laughs. What a great way to finish the day!
    Read more