Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Poetic and dreamy Hue

    August 15, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌩️ 30 °C

    The ancient Hue, located on the bank of the Huong River, was recognized by UNESCO as one of the World Heritage Sites. This city is the cradle of Vietnamese culture and used to be the national capital, educational, cultural and political center of Vietnam under the Nguyen Dynasty.

    Hue’s unique history is appealing to any history buff.
    Home to national treasures, including complex of temples, pagodas, tombs, and monuments, this riverfront town welcomes millions of tourists arriving annually to see these fascinating sites. Although the American troops had destroyed many historic structures in the past, Hue does retain its charming beauty.

    For this reason, we decide to spend 2 nights at Hue.

    We arrive Hue City at about 2pm. Temperature outside must be 38-39oC, the heat has had dried and burned us so we hide inside the room until the sunset completely disappeared.

    In the evening, we just walk out to the walking street and Trang Tien bridge, we also take a tour on Huong River to enjoy Hue traditional music show.

    And we will not forget plenty kinds of Hue cuisines ( it's called banh Hue in Vietnamese) we had in Hanh Restaurant where Noah met some Dutch people at the adjacent table.
    Read more