Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Animal Kingdom

    October 26, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    Another early start, getting to the park right as it opened and hustling over to Pandora from Avatar. The line for the signature attraction was already 150 minutes, so we opted for the visually impressive boat ride instead, which was super cool.

    Our fastpass selection was less efficient than it was in Magic kingdom, so had to bounce back and forth between the different areas to hit them.

    Catys found her favorite ride of the whole trip -- Expedition Everest. Had such a good time that she dragged Laura back into the line for a second go immediately after the first, and would have happily done a third had the line not started to grow.

    We had time to kill before our last FastPass, so we went to do the Safari, which was actually a good conservation, to our relief. The animals seems very happy, and they had a fair amount of space to roam. We got to see pretty much everything. Caty liked the baby giraffe, Laura and I liked the rhinos.

    Other stuff we hit before calling it a day and going back for a nap and the pool:
    It's tough to be a bug! (I got "stung", and practically jumped out of my seat)
    Kali River Rapids (I was the one who got soaked)
    DINOSAUR (Just a smidge too scary for Caty)
    Read more