Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Epcot

    October 27, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    Last day! We made a beeline to Soarin' the main ride for which we didn't have a FastPass. I had never been on it before, and it was pretty darn cool - a hit for the whole group.

    Caty loved Mission: SPACE, though our group elected to do the more mild version that didn't involve a centrifuge. We designed our own concept car before hopping on the Test Track and speeding around. Our sports car design didn't have much in terms of efficiency, but it made up for it with raw power. Last, we rode spaceship earth in the "giant golf ball".

    Spent some time in the Innovention center so Caty could get her science on. They had a pretty cool color exhibit. The presentation was hokey, but the interactive paintbrush part was pretty interesting.

    It's food and wine festival at Epcot right now, which seemed fantastic, but drew a huge local crowd that made lines off-puttingly long. I did manage to get a flight of craft beers, the best of which was a chocolate stout.

    We opted to push Caty around in a stroller for the day, and we made the international loop before calling it and heading back to the apartment for a pre-dinner nap.
    Read more