Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 19

    January 27, 2022 in Belize ⋅ 🌙 77 °F

    After our cappuccino and workout, we spent the day working on transportation to Ambergris Caye and cart rental as well as our Europe trip for the summer.

    We decided to try the water taxi to Ambergris Caye rather than fly. We’ll see how that is before we decide our return trip. We also booked our flights and VRBO for Paris. We found an apartment in Morais that is in a great location, with small kitchen and even washer/dryer way cheaper than a hotel. It even had a little balcony overlooking a courtyard.

    We had the special today for lunch at Detatch. The daily specials are usually a really good deal, this was $14 BZ which is $7 US. It was fried fish with stew beans and coconut rice today. I really liked the stew beans, which is surprising since I don’t like most beans. We weren’t sure of the type of fish, but it was very good but had bones. The wind was blowing pretty hard today, so as you can see from the picture my hair was blowing a lot!

    We tried someplace new tonight for dinner, the Secret Garden. It is tucked behind the building where Rick’s Cafe is on Placencia road. Wow is all we could say. The place is adorable the way they decorated it and they were playing old blues music, which Greg especially liked.

    The food was delicious, probably my favorite so far on this trip. I had the almond crusted red snapper. Everything was amazing. Really want to be sure to get back there again before we leave.
    Read more