Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    A walk to Cintsa

    May 27, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    This morning, it transpired that we’d all spent a pretty miserable, cold night! However, today promised to be better with full sunshine and temperatures up to 21 degrees, so we were optimistic! We had a late breakfast of sausages, eggs, and toast. It was a free day today, so there was no rush to get things done.

    After breakfast, Mark walked up the hill to reception to get some of our washing done. When he came back, René took us on a guided walk across the beach to the town of Cintsa. She told us the walk was ten minutes tops. After 40 minutes, we reached the town! She left us there and returned to camp. The four of us went for a coffee and then bought some supplies before going back to Buccaneers. We were almost there when I realised that I’d left my jacket at the café!! Mark walked all the way back to get it for me! When he got back, we went up to the dining room for lunch with Timo and Kristina. We sat admiring the stunning view of the bay.

    After lunch, Timo went for a walk along the beach, and we stayed in the lounge area to take advantage of the free wifi. Later, we all had showers. We wanted to make sure we did so while there was still some sunshine and warmth as the showers are open to the elements!

    This evening, Ivan made spaghetti bolognaise for dinner – and we managed to eat it before the load shedding happened!!

    I spent the time after dinner catching up with my trip notes. We also got chatting to a South African tour guide, Mark, who arrived with a couple of American clients. He parked too close to Ivan’s tent for his liking – talk about invading his personal space!
    Read more