Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Sunset from Signal Hill

    June 6, 2023 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    At 4.30pm, we made our way back to the City Sightseeing office for our sunset bus trip, which was included in the price of our day ticket. We went to the top of Signal Hill, where the bus waited for us to enjoy the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean. We bought a coffee from a funky drinks truck to go with the chicken salad rolls we had brought with us. The light was amazing, and we got some lovely clear shots of Cape Town below us while we waited for the sun to go down. We also enjoyed watching the paragliding adrenaline junkies who were throwing themselves off the mountain – I’ve never seen them up close before!
    When the sunset happened, it didn’t disappoint. The colours were stunning! We all oohed and aahed as if we’d never seen it before! 😂

    The bus trip back to the waterfront was very quick. The driver certainly wasn’t hanging about now that it was dark!

    Back at the hotel, Mark had had a reply from Lyn saying that Steve’s sister, Elaine (who Mark knows), has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing treatment. They can’t meet us this weekend, but still want to catch up before we leave Cape Town. Mark had a conversation with Lyn and later with Steve, so contact has been established. We’ve left it up to them to get in touch when it’s good for them.
    Read more