Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Kenyan entertainment

    July 8, 2023 in Namibia ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Following our visit, we returned to camp for lunch. Henry had prepared hake with pasta and salad. After eating, I managed to catch up with my notes and then went for a walk around this quirky campsite to take some pictures. The internet wasn’t working, so we repaired to the bar to edit some photos. While we were there another Intrepid truck arrived. They are doing our trip in reverse, so they have come from where we are going tomorrow. There are only eight of them on their truck. Two of them, a guy from Florida Keys and one from the UK, joined us in the bar. They had nothing good to say about their trip so far, complaining about the long driving days, the lack of wildlife sightings, and the noisy nights. I couldn’t stand listening to such negativity, so I left them to it and went to sit by the pool with some of the others.

    When dinner time came, Henry had prepared fried potatoes and salads, and Patrick had barbecued lamb leg steaks. It was extremely good. We spent time after dinner chatting around the fire. Our crew, along with two of the crew from the other truck, entertained us with a song and dance from Kenya.
    Read more