Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 71

    Lunch at the Three Monkeys

    16. juli 2023, Zimbabwe ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We then walked back into Zimbabwe. We went to pick up my necklace from Antonio, who had done a great job. Our intention had been to go back to the Lookout for lunch, but we changed our minds and headed to the Three Monkeys instead. I’m glad we did because we met up with Maddie, Phil, Mel, Liz, and Iona, and had lunch with them. We heard all about their zipline activities and watched the videos! Mark had crumbed prawns and crocodile skewers for lunch. I had a more mundane margarita pizza. It was all delicious!

    After lunch, we headed back to camp in time for our 4pm welcome meeting to meet our new group. We are to be joined by Jenny and Greg, Niamh from Ireland, Corrina and Mika from Canada, and Joey, Jilly, and Tina from Australia. Despite our fears, they all seem OK. It will be odd, though, to completely change the dynamic of the group.

    T-shirt man arrived with the shirts for those leaving today. Most of them had something wrong with them! I hope ours are right tomorrow!

    We then said our goodbyes to Nathan and Georgie, Natasha, Mel, Ken, and Maddie and Phil, promising to keep in touch via the wonders of the internet and social media!

    We went for a drink at the bar, and then went back to our lodge. I spent the evening catching up with my trip diary, the intention being to spend tomorrow posting!
    Les mer