Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 79

    Croc Valley Campsite

    July 24, 2023 in Zambia ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    From the workshop, it was just a short distance to our camp. We passed a number of other craft shops and interesting-looking stalls, some of which definitely warrant further investigation!

    On the way into Croc Valley, we encountered a couple of male elephants, a herd of bushbucks, monkeys, and baboons. It augers well for tomorrow’s game drives! We were camping right next to the Luangwe River. It was a beautiful spot! There was seating overlooking the water, a nice bar area, and a large swimming pool, although it was still a tad cold to tempt me in. Before we put up our tents and settled in, we were given a talk about how and where to set up in order to keep the vervet monkeys and baboons at bay. We were also advised what to do if we encountered a hippo or an elephant in the camp in the middle of the night. Apparently, it’s a common occurrence!

    Having put our tents up, we went to the bar and sat watching the hippos, crocs, and storks. The hippos were making a heck of a racket! We tried using the African wifi, but it really wasn’t working very well, so we gave up and just watched the wildlife instead. When dinner was ready, Laban came to get us. We had spaghetti bolognaise. None of us were late to bed as we have an early start tomorrow.
    Read more