Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 158

    Roadtrip

    September 8, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    So, left out gross little apartment/hotel thing and headed to the White cliffs of Dover. It was passing down rain. We made it and it just wasn't plausible to do with Jaxon. But as we drove all the way there just to see it and because it was one of Wills top U.K. Priority sights - he ran through the storm and met us back in the little shop thing.
    I would have loved to have gone but I wasn't dressed appropriately, Jess had the shits so I wanted to keep her calm and I technically have already seen them when we took the boat from France to England on my school trip to Europe.
    Will did manage to find them though so in happy for him.
    We left once he was back - his run took about 30 mins.

    We had breakfast at some cafe thing we found, bought some snacks in the supermarket next door then got on the road.
    Jax fell asleep quickly so that was great. Nice and quiet lol.
    Off to Stonehenge.
    We put it on scenic route instead of fast route so it didnt take us through London.

    4 hours later we hit major traffic but we were close! We could see it over the hill.

    The villages we drove through were so cute. Loved it.
    Every single one had a pub without fail. Lol

    Eventually made it to Stonehenge and to Wills utter horror there was an entry fee of 20£ each.
    We had a few heated discussions about our plan from there.
    There were tour buses driving people out to the rocks but we decided to walk - it was about a 2km walk there and when we got there they still wanted tickets 😒
    So we asked what we could do and he said to go into the back paddock and walk around, stay behind the dense and we could have a look at one side.
    Pffft I don't know why everyone paid - our view was perfectly fine considering we saved 60£!!
    I feel pretty happy I got to see it because I stayed on the bus when school brought us because I was too tired lol. It sounds silly but I still remember how tired I was an stand by my decision even though it was disappointing lol.
    We got some photos of it and Jax ankles walking around the paddock.

    What can I really say about it? It's a bunch of rocks lol. it's cool though the unknown aspects of it.
    We walked back and there were little village hut things we had a look at. They don't know for sure but they reckon this is what the village huts would have looked like.

    We drove another hour and stopped for dinner because it was getting late quickly.
    We stopped in a cute little town and ate at a pizza place. Great food but terrible service. Well sort of.. all the workers were doing something so it want laziness - just not enough workers.
    You could tell none had no experience with kids either because the kept putting knifes and things in front of Jaxon lol.
    Will had an extremely over dramatic reaction to Jaxons poo that me and Jess had a good laugh at him.
    Jess changed him while Will paid.
    We filled up with petrol then drove another hour to Bristol. Found our hotel - soo many damn roadworks!
    Check in in - lovely room - had working wifi woooo!
    Sleep time! :D Wales tomorrow.
    Read more