Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 189

    Chisinau

    October 9, 2017 in Moldova ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    Woke up midday but then took 42 minutes in the shower getting rid of my birds nest so we ended up leaving around 1.
    We walked to town which certainly had more people. We were gonna go to the museum but it looked completely dilapidated so we kept walking. There was no where to eat so we just kept walking and walking..
    We walked through their arcul de triumf which was nice and past a statue of Stefan. Don't know who Stefan is but the streets named after him so I assume he is important.
    Some of the buildings were boring but others had such interesting facades.
    We ate the food of our people (McDonalds) - quite honestly it was that or an ice cream from a kiosk..
    We walked past parliament which was very unusual looking - it had a pink tinge- I liked that it said Moldova with the hedge though. There was a pack of 5 stray dogs just chilling on the lawn.
    We walked down the street for maybe 2km just getting a feel for the place then turned around.
    The woman are all beautiful.
    We walked through 2 parks - both lovely- the second one had a great community vibe with enough benches and kiosks. Lots of people in it enjoying the "sunshine"
    We then walked home having seen pretty much everything. I like it. Its a cute little city.

    I like that their traffic lights have countdowns.

    Got home and sat in the kitchen and ended up deciding yo hire a car tomorrow with Liz (Scottish) and Karel (American) because everything there is to see requires one. It's also piss cheap.
    At one point there was discussions on hiring a mazarati for the day for 65€ but we didn't end up going with it.
    We procrastinated for about 2 hours trying to book this damn car but eventually got one. In this time I managed to book flights to Turkey. We are only planning on staying 2 days due to security warnings. To be fair the entire continent has warning so eh. Can't let them win.
    London has more attacked lately lol. We just want to see galipolli. We will then fly to either Serbia or the Ukraine. 👍🏼 still got to book our Romanian hire car though.

    Anywho we then went to the beer house for dinner only the menu was shit so we ended up just having a beer before going to a new place. We jumped on the bus to get there and that was an adventure and totally unnecessary - it was like 1km away. Bloody lazy American ! Hahahah

    This new place was out of their entire menu except pork. (It's a grill house so that's stupid)
    The other 3 bought 2 racks of 8 beers to share amongst them.
    I got really sick though and had an awkward gastronomic attack in the bathroom and vomited in their bin and I exploded the other end. Delightful.
    I have been dropped home and they are all still out.
    Bed time (feeling better now:))
    Read more