Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Monjo

    September 7, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    It was an early start. 4:45 we left the hotel for the airport - we were given cute little breakfast boxes (stale pasteries, hard boiled egg, an apple and juice)

    So glad we have a guide cause the airport is so stupid. Just unnecessary confusion.
    When we arrived lots of people were already there - a lot of people in cotton shirts and backpacks without hip supports - they are gonna regret that!

    We had to walk through security scanners - Lucy took her breakfast in a bag with her instead of putting it on the conveyer belt for X-ray and so they asked her what was in it and she said food.
    They didn’t check...

    I used my shewee for the first time before we went out to our plane. No spillage 💪🏻

    The plane was tiny. Fits about 20 people.
    Had cute little propellers. I find it cute now because we didn’t die. 😅
    Minor anxiety but it took off really easy so that was aces. Kathmandu is actually quite lovely from above. Colorful.
    The left hand side had the best view of the mountains - it was about a 30 minutes flight but As we got to Lukla we got told we had to divert because of the cloud coverage and we landed about 10 minutes on in the most fucking random
    Spot 😂😂

    Very rural.
    Used their toilet and nearly vomited. Horrendous smell.

    We were there for about 30 minutes before we gave Lukla another crack.

    Landed fine.
    Anxiety was high but we didn’t die so all is well.
    If you don’t stop in time you hit a wall..

    I was that person who clapped upon landing. I do not apologize.

    Only very few pilots are allowed to fly into Lukla.
    #madskillz

    We were led into a room for tea before we got on our way.
    Took so long for us all to pack our bags 😅
    We are all just making shit up as we go along. Haha
    We met some of our yaks outside who graciously agreed to carry our duffel bags up for us.

    And off we went 🎉🎉

    We had to walk around Lukla - lots of people just watching he airport actions
    Lots of shops I’d like to explore on the way down too.
    So we found out very early on Lucy sucks at climbing down stairs. She has to hold a porters hand every time. I love it cause it gives me time to take a break while waiting for her. Haha

    Lots of cute kids on the way. Anita and George brought gifts for them which they gave out occasionally. Bloody Anita is a ridiculous human; A) she is just not too bright to be perfectly honest but
    B) has packed her bags with a years worth of stuff. She was offloading shit to people all day - including the kids to get rid of some of the weight. 😅
    I’m split down the middle with SHUT THE FUCK UP and having a giggle cause she can be funny.

    We crossed lots of bridges on the way over wonderful rapid water.

    We had many toilet stops. So far mainly proper toilets. It’s still BYO toilet paper though.

    Will likes ringing the bells along the way. We alway seem to walk on the left side of a monument. Not sure why.

    George has a bad stomach all day and was in real trouble. He really struggled.

    We stopped for lunch and I had the most delicious chips of my life. Literally just plucked from the ground. Incredible.

    There are so many stunning creeks and hundreds of waterfalls nearby and in the distance.

    There hasn’t been much rubbish along the way. Good job everyone. I expect it’s going to get a lot worse the higher we go.

    OK SO THE SHERPAS ARS RIDICULOUS.
    They carry these ridiculous 100kg loads all day.
    Not human.
    Often carrying only essentials: beer. 😂

    We walked past kids smashing rocks with hammers. I thought that was a great game lol.
    It started raining along the way so we all bothered to put out water gear on so naturally it stopped within 20 seconds.
    I overheated very quickly and had to take the heat back off.

    Today was such a long walk holy cow. It all sort of starts blending into one and the order of things gets blurred.

    We stopped for tea somewhere near to a waterfall and had a snack break cause we all had low sugar levels.
    This is when our yaks past us. Bless them. Apparently they work 3 days then they get 3 days wild in the jungle. Love it.

    We had dinner together - all food and hot beverages are paid for. Cold drinks no.
    We then went and got ready for the next day - supposedly the hardest day.
    Took me like 1.5 hours to organise my bag and I made a mess of the room cause my water bladder leaked everywhere.

    All in all a great first day.
    Bloody knackered.
    Read more