Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Transit

    November 6, 2022 in Belgium ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    I slept. 🎉 Will did partly but still not great.
    At around 10 we went to get our free breakfast thanks to our bed bugs.
    Checked out around 11:30 after spending some time trying to help Jess cause she was having panic attack cause her flight got delayed so she might not catch the next one. I gave her flight centers emergency 24hr number. She’s rather stressed as the flights aren’t on the same ticket booking.

    On our way. Know our way to the train station despite all the twists and turns cause we’ve been there every bloody day. 😆
    20€ ticket and off we went. Bit of luck 50% trains take an hour 50% take 30mins. We got the quick one woot.
    I just love the county side 😭😭😭
    When we arrived we had a bit of trouble figuring out the trams but we got there. Had to get line one for about 7 stops.
    Immediately recognized where we were when we got out. Our hotel different direction from our hostel but everything was familiar. Keen to properly explore tomorrow. It’s raining today.
    We checked in - check in lady was lovely and went through a map with us then we went up to our room. It’s has very big hostel vibes. A bit run down but cheap.
    We went and got lunch on the street she said was the Resturant street.
    I need to remember to charge my camera battery tonight so I can take some nice pics tomorrow of all the little artistic accents of the city.

    We found an Indian restaurant that looked nice so we went in.
    Food was delicious but service was terrible we were laughing.
    First of all dude saw us come in but did not approach. We grabbed our own menu and picked our own table.
    Still did not approach for 10 mins until suddenly he asks “ready?”
    Yes you clown 😆
    Resturant was empty except for us and his daughter playing English cartoons on her iPad on volume level 100. We could follow along quite easily. They obviously all live upstairs and it sounded like someone hitting the roof with a broom or kids jumping on the bed THUMP THUMP THUMP then some yelling at each other between levels of the house. It was so funny. It was like living in their lounge room. Totally oblivious to having customers.
    Lucky food was nice!! Haha
    Walked back in the rain and having some down time cause it’s cold and wet. Our day tomorrow will be more than enough to get everything done.

    Had an hour nap cause I could NOT hold out. We Shall see how badly I’m affected later at 3am lol
    Read more