Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Nice

    November 24, 2022 in France ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Didn’t pack last night because I was tired but most definitely should have. I have not mastered the art of the last minute pack like Will and he had to wait for me.

    Farewell Marseilles. We won’t be back. Never say never but it would be for a purpose and not a “gosh wasn’t Marseilles beautiful let’s go see it again”.
    May not make it out alive next time.

    We are currently on the train. We haven’t left yet - it appears to be a more day to day domestic train cause the standard has dropped (no Wi-Fi, smaller seats etc) and I think there is going to be a fair few stops along the way. We don’t have set seats so we have plonked ourselves near our luggage. We tried to find food earlier at the station and very few options. Ol reliable McDonalds had signs pointing somewhere but we couldn’t find it so we have what we think are chicken wraps. It’s a 2h 40m train so will need something along the way.

    The walk to the station was gross. There is a dog poo epidemic here. I suppose if you are a refugee you have come from a place where respect for your environment isn’t a thing. Busy with other/bigger priorities.
    But haven’t cottoned onto the concept that if you want something to stay nice you can’t keep up your indifference here.
    There was one diarrhea poop that you could tell someone slipped in. 😫
    Lots of junk stores selling anything and everything but everything covered in dust.
    Why sell a 1980’s Barbie kit next to shoe polish or potatoes?

    On our way and currently halfway between La Ciotat and Toulon on the map. Not sure where exactly but it’s beautiful. It’s terracotta roofs, green trees and bright blue ocean.
    Amalfi coast vibes.

    A man just got on the train with the WORST B.O GOOD LORD.
    We separated half way through the trip so we had more room to spread out but Will still bothered to mentioned the BO man when we got off. He had the same thoughts. 😆
    The whole train ride was beautiful along the coast.
    And as we got off the train in Nice…
    One view of its train station and it was already prettier than the whole of Marseilles.
    And it improved as we walked toward our hotel.
    Just a main shopping strip but clean and had people?? Have missed seeing people.
    Loiterers out the front of our hostel was the first bad look of the city followed by the most inefficient check In ever
    BUT
    *drum roll*
    OUR CARD ARRIVED 😭😭😭😭
    First girl gave a very half hearted look pretending to move things and “look” then asked another worker and he was like oh yes. I wrote a note and he pulled it out a cupboard 😭😭😭
    HOW GOOD.
    Our room is nice. We got a private and it will definitely do the job. We are on the 3rd floor and elevator is broken but they are 100% forgiven for everything because of the card. Haha

    We went for a walk down to the promenade. Beautiful!
    Can’t photograph properly because it’s too far away so it’s blurs but the water is calming, the weather is very warm, and I like the houses in the coast line.
    The beach is pebbles/rocks and not sand but people still laying on it.
    We went looking for an atm to activate our new card.
    Found one and got out some cash which we will plan to convert in the airport but had to use an atm anyway to activate card.
    Went to Starbucks to get a drink and check it worked -

    AND WE ARE BACK IN BUISSNESS YEWWWWW.

    My hot chocolate is some fancy praline biscuit flavor or something which I didn’t ask for but was given and I don’t really rate it but still the best drink ever hahah.

    We went back to the hotel and have planned tomorrow’s itinerary.

    Went to get salad and they were closing (it was 6:10pm) 😒
    So we went to hard rock. Got my mango berry cooler for 5€ cause it was happy hour 🥳

    Pic one is Marseilles- the rest are nice
    Read more