Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Happy Birthday Helen

    September 26, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Yup, once again we are celebrating Helen's birthday in Europe. Not sure if it's because we always travel to Europe in September or because her birthday is always in September - I'll check with the school teacher.

    Yesterday we had a beautiful cruise from Carcassone to just outside of Trebes where we are tied up. The weather has cleared and it was quite warm and sunny. . Although we only travelled 19 km, we went through many locks and had a few long waits. The scenery has been varied. The hills feel closer now as we came from a wider valley. The vineyards are close by not unlike the Wachau Valley last year ( shout out to Laura).

    Most of us got off the boat for a bike ride or long walk. The track along the canal allows for easy strolling. We also stopped at a couple of little towns to poke around. We found a particularly fabulous charcuterie for pate and cheeses.
    Last night we found a more secluded location for tying up. We had a quick chat with Mom (G'ma) in Victoria. Helen brought along in her luggage a bottle of Billecart-Salmon champagne that she received as a gift last year for her 60th. Jiggs cooked us up some local sausages on our little BBQ and we finished with some rumbabbas from the local boulangerie.
    A fitting celebration!
    Today our plans are to get to Argens- Minervois. It will be time to get more water.

    That's it for now. Love Heather xx
    Read more