Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Flat Mary Joins our Crew

    September 27, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    It is Wednesday and we have a crew member who has not been properly introduced - Flat Mary. We have a picture of Mom taken on her last cruise to Alaska (7 years ago?). We brought Mom along in spirit so that she can see all the great things she's been doing. Flat Mary has been particularly helpful at the helm of our beastly boat. Poor Jiggs has been rather stuck with most of the driving and the bow thrusters keep giving out. Early this afternoon they gave out at a very inopportune time - just as we were entering a very low, narrow stone bridge. Crunch went the front! Fortunately, there are big bumpers and so the damage appears to be cosmetic. One of the boat bases was just 1 km away so we decided to pitch up and get it repaired.
    While the boat was under repair Mac and Steph went to explore Homps. They found a shop with local wines so we are stocked up again. We always think we' ve bought too much wine and then, poof, it's gone. ( Flat Mary strikes again)

    We had a nice stop this morning at the Port Minervois where we went out for baguettes and some other provisions. Funny thing about those baguettes, by the time you get them back to the boat seems about 1/2 of the baguette is missing ( I blame it on Flat Mary). So we always buy 2 baguettes.

    Tonight we decided to stay in Homps . Lovely restaurant up the canal where we were well fed with local wines and entrecôte, duck and lamb,

    Onward tomorrow ,
    Love Heather
    Read more