Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 46

    Move to Montpellier

    11 settembre 2023, Francia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    We journeyed from Sète to Montpellier where we had a flight booked for Basel in a few days. The train ride to Montpellier was short and pleasant, offering glimpses of the French countryside. Then on arrival we had to wait for five hours before we could check in to our Airbnb.

    To pass the time, we decided to explore the city. We dropped our bags at a nearby luggage storage place and wandered through the charming streets of Montpellier. Hunger led us to a Thai restaurant. The pad thai we ordered was very different to what we’d had in New Zealand, a much less oily version (with less flavour too but still yummy).

    We strolled through the old town area, admiring the beautiful arched buildings and poking our heads into crafty shops. There were some really cool second-hand clothing stores, mostly stocked with jackets and winter attire as the French seemed to think summer was coming to an end. It was still really hot, and would continue for weeks. A highlight was a really detailed and winding toy shop. It had themed sections including a magic section, a space travel section, a Disney section, many many board games and so much more! After our exploration, we headed to a modern coffee shop tucked away in the city's historic alleys. Resting our legs we sipped the good coffee and dodged a tiny sun shower.

    Finally, we checked into our accommodation and made a quick dinner from supermarket finds. Still recovering from a lingering sickness, and tiredness from the travel we decided an early night was in order.
    Leggi altro