Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Day 63 - Roadtrippin' 2 - Bruce Is Back

    April 11, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    Today was another driving heavy day - about 564 km mostly on the Bruce highway which has been the road we've spent most of our time on. Our classy motel did breakfast of a choice of eggs and a pile of bacon served lovingly by Mrs No-Nonsense. When we checked out we got no 'have a safe trip' or 'enjoy your holiday'. Just a 'leave us a good review'. I would as the stay was good value and fine but manners cost nothing so I might save my 5*s for someone who is polite.

    The drive was still nice today but very samey. Just trees and road. Now and again, well twice in the whole 6 hours, there was a fun trivia question to help you stay awake. The two questions we had were exactly the same 'what's the highest mountain in Queensland?'. Fun.... Though Matt did manage to stay awake so many it worked. We made a couple of stops. One in Marlborough which felt like a ghost town. I went on a swing and there was a small lizard in the loo roll dispenser. Then Rockhampton where we had open sandwiches as a restaurant on a retail park. That was pretty much all there was of note.

    Finally we reached 1770 just in time for sunset at the marina. I'm looking forward to more exploration tomorrow but for now we headed to the camp side via a liquor store for a goon (box) of wine and some beers. The camp site launched their new restaurant today and we ate fish and chips/nachos outside whilst watching the Shaun The Sheep movie on a big projector. Happy times.
    Read more