Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Day 73 - Other People To Talk To!

    April 21, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    The sun was back to shining in Surfer's Paradise this morning so we went for a quick walk on the (very busy) beach before heading to town for breakfast and our mini bus to Byron. We arrived and headed to our AirBNB to meet Donald our host. A bit of a hippie but very nice and helpful. Plus he left us cookies and chocolates in the room which was much appreciated by Hangry Helen.

    We walked into town and had lunch at a place called Railway Friendly. Not sure if that means that trainspotters are very welcome. We had a few drinks in there waiting for our friends Sinead and Lewis to arrive. Matt has been good friends with Lewis for years after meeting through work and him and his girlfriend moved to Sydney at the start of the year. It's very nice to see familiar faces and have someone else to talk to (no offence to Matt, and he says the same, but over 70 days in each other's pockets is a long time). Drinking and talking is pretty much how the rest of the day and evening panned out. We ploughed through our bottle of Bundy Rum, went to a fancy Italian place and a bar called Balcony where I danced with some random girls in the toilets. Other than that uneventful but very nice.
    Read more