Satellite
Show on map
  • Lower Town Arts & Music Festival

    May 20, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Well, it’s been a little over a month since I’ve returned from my last trip and I’m beginning to feel Wanderlust again! Luckily, we live in a state that borders eight other states! Let’s explore! We decided to take the 1.5 hour ride North West when we’re usually taking the ride 1 hour south east! I’ve had the Lower Town Arts & Music Festival on my calendar for months now! We had some things come up where we didn’t think we were going to make it but I’m so thankful we did. Paducah is an adorable town placed perfectly on the river. There was a pottery wheel set up upon walking into the festival with John Cannon of Nite Owl Studios. https://www.instagram.com/nite_owl_studios/. I had a dream just a few days before that I would be working with pottery so this was pretty unique but I was the only adult in a sea full of children waiting to make some pottery. Silly adults. The festival provided great music, beer, artists and new experiences everywhere you look. Everyone there was so kind and it was very easy to strike a conversation with all of the artists. Being fans of local work, we had our eyes set on a few pieces that would have a new home with us.
    We took home Organic Growth, created by David Pound of Twentyheads.com. David creates sculptures with polymer clay and founds objects/nature. It was a tough decision. He had a lot of great pieces! A print created by Derrick Riley of dRock Press Prints, https://www.drockpress.com/drockpress.com/About…. Our Piece contains the folklore of the following.
    -Vampire- Murray Kentucky has some deep dark secrets my friends! Anyone else remember the Vampire clan arrested in Louisiana for some pretty gruesome murders? Look them up! Devil Monkey- These guys are pretty cute until they start slinging their devil poop at you! Alien Abduction- Honestly...where hasn’t there been an alien abduction? I only have one question...why do aliens only choose town crazies? Leprechaun- Everyone knows that Leprechaun’s know how to party! Just like everyone else in the backwoods of Kentucky, they each have their own recipe for white lightning! Oops...looks like one guy can’t handle his moonshine....that’s a lot of lucky charms....
    We added another airplant to our family with a rad glass blown octopus home by https://www.facebook.com/Prometheus-Glassworks-…
    We have airplants, Coconut and Papaya and now we have a Mango.
    And we were fortunate enough to rock out with Ford Theatre Reunion, an awesome indie funk undecided genre band.
    The festival had great beer options from Paducah Beer Works, Dry Ground Brewing and Rhinegeist Brewery. We talked to several locals and have since become very interested in a lot of the events the little town of Paducah puts out throughout the year.
    We will definitely return next year!
    Read more