Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Ericeira, Portugal

    November 11, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    After Peniche, we drove down the coast to the wonderful beach town of Ericeira. We stayed here a few nights in 2017 and just loved it. This time we're only stopping for a few hours and lunch. We stumbled on a flea market by the coast and perused that before walking a bit on a paved path on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic. We saw lots of foreigners, but it was a chill spot and it seemed like many of them were living here instead of just visiting for the day.

    We walked through the narrow streets after parking and reminisced a bit. We never could find the amazing restaurant we ate at years ago. I'm sure it's been 2 establishments since the last visit. But we did get a nice lunch place with a sea view. What timing though. There was one table occupied inside and one outside when we sat down. Within 15 minutes, every table was full. Sometimes when people see others sitting at a restaurant,, they decide "Well, that must be good." Nobody wants to eat at an empty restaurant.

    After lunch, we drove 20 minutes to the nearby town of Mafra. On a busride 6 years ago, I looked up and was amazed at the massive palace in Mafra, just outside my window. We thought we might check it out.

    Other photos are here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/HH4dkNqSZeQfHhtR7
    Read more