Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Potrerillos

    May 2, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 46 °F

    We camped our first few nights along the Mendoza river in the small city of Potrerillos. It was Labor Day weekend here so during the day the lake was bustling with locals enjoying their time off. On Monday a father and son out for the day pulled up next to us to block the wind and started grilling some really tasty chicken which they were nice enough to share with Sam. At night the locals mostly cleared out leaving just our two rigs, so we had the lake to ourselves.

    While we were there we got in another geocaching adventure with Mike and Geneva, one which we found easily the other despite a lot if effort and a pretty dangerous climb we never located.

    On our third and last day at the lake Sam and I took a hike. As we started the trail we were joined by 4 dogs who went all the way up with us. At one point Sam went ahead on the trail and I stayed back to rest. Three of the dogs went ahead with him and one waited with me.

    As we were ending our hike we met another traveler just beginning the trail. I thought they would choose to follow her up but instead they escorted us all the way back to the camper. Not usual a dog love but their escort felt special.
    Read more