Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Cerveza Jerome

    May 2, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 43 °F

    This microbrewery was on Mike and Geneva’s list and we were excited to go there for lunch before heading to our next stop. We made our way through the small town enjoying the autumn leaves and the beauty of the mountains. We had been planning to visit for a couple of days and had even called the day before to confirm that they’d be open. We were surprised to find when we got there that they were closed for the day. Luckily, we caught an employee just about to leave as we arrived and he let us in to have a look around.

    The brewery is set in a beautiful location with great views of the mountains and the river running behind it. It also has an interesting story behind its founding. The founder Eduardo Luis Maccari helped to save the life of a young Czech man who had gotten lost while hiking in the mountains. The young man was so grateful that he invited Eduardo to Czechia where he met and became friends with a brewmaster, who taught him the craft and shared his family's recipes. Eduardo continues to honor his teacher by producing high quality Czech inspired beer in a tiny town in Argentina.

    We had a great time learning about the business, its history, and their plans for expansion. What made our visit feel super serendipitous though, is that I have a cousin who loves beer and guess what his name is?…Drum roll…You guessed it! — Jerome. And where do you think he lives?… Right again — Czechia. I had a great time sharing the story of Cerveza Jerome with him. He thought his friends there would really love hearing about this Czech inspired brewery all the way in South America.
    Read more