Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Mahatma Gandi International School.

    January 9, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    The school follows the philosophy of Gandhi with project based learning which covers multiple disciplinary learning areas. The international program used in the primary years like a curriculum is the Cambridge system. This program outlines learning requirements that the students are required to carry out over a 4 or 5 year period. Each grade carries out a single project over the course of a year with the students involved in every step and participating in the planning and direction of their own learning, similar to a student centred or play based learning style in Australia.

    The teachers make home visits to each of the students in their class to outline expectations and assist parents in becoming involved in the learning process at the beginning and end of the schooling year.

    At the end of the school year, the teachers work for another 3-4weeks to reflect on the program and projects completed discussing what would be changed, what worked well, etc for future references.

    Each class has a student council and the younger grades have a duty chart to outline who is responsible for different duties.
    Read more