Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    MGIS Yr 2 class

    January 9, 2018 in India ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    This class runs from 9-11 with recess between 11-11.30 when the children eat and play before returning to class from 11.30-1.30.
    The older children stay at school until 4pm, the younger children finish at 1.30.

    The project the class is carrying out is a project about their city. This began with the students learning about their own personal history, exploring change through interviews with grandparents and foods of the community.

    The class is planning to end the project with a play about what they have learned about their city.

    The assessment is criteria based, the children and teacher decide if they have met the criteria or not and continue to work towards the completion of the these criteria through activities and projects. The aim of the project is to develop skill levels.

    Yesterday the class visited the flower show as an excursion, today they are continuing this experience with the exploration of plants combining other learning areas like maths through measurement, English through language, science through the types of plants, etc.

    The lesson expanded from drawing a plant in the school yard, to comparing the heights of plants and entering data in a graph to exploring the different types of plants and their similarities and differences.

    The class doesn’t have behaviour issues, the students are all engaged in their learning. When there are issues that the students pick up themselves, they ask for a council meeting to discuss behaviours or issues that arise in the classroom. The council meeting resolves the issues with everyone able to share their opinion and help come up with a consequence or resolution.
    Read more