Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Bol

    December 17, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    We went on a day trip to Bol which is a village on the other side of the island which was a hairy drive with lots of switchbacks but spectacular views. There is a famous Croatian beach called Zlatni Rat (Golden Horn Beach) in Bol. In summer it is packed, today we had it all to ourselves. Today was also the day to put the tootsies in the sea. Not as cold as expected. The sea is so clear it really is not surprising why it is such a popular place to come.

    We had to stop to descale the car of salt after days of windy, was getting a bit hard to see. The servo was closed (being Sunday again) but the owner was there hosting down his building, so kindly gave the car a once over to get the salt off it

    Lunch was a traditional Balkan pljeakavica burger and beer at a great cafe, except for the complaints from the kids because we were surrounded by smokers. We are really discovering that obeying laws are kinda optional here in Croatia.

    As we were leaving the village, families were starting to gather for a Christmas market, so we passed a Shetland pony in a Christmas jumper and a llama with a tinsel wreath, being followed by a lot of children.

    Work on the impossible puzzle continued in the afternoon, which concluded with the annual watching of Love Actually.
    Read more