Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Dubrovnik Walls Part III

    December 27, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    After we finished walking the walls we went over to the Lovrijenac Fort. We had bought the Dubrovnik Pass which grants entry to multiple historical sites and museums. Still cannot get over the clarity and colour of this water!

    Here we found our favourite cat so far - Fort Cat. He was lying in the sun and did not move from his bizarre position the entire time the kids were patting him - quite a chill dude. Loved him!

    We then met up with Glen and Jeff for lunch at the restaurant we spied from up on the wall. It would be lovely if Brisbane could build some 700 year old walls and an equally old building and put a restaurant near it. Walking to the restaurant we ascended a large stone staircase used in Game of Thrones for Cersei Lannister's 'Walk of Atonement' scene.

    Lunch was a leisurely affair because it was such a lovely setting.

    Afterwards we meandered through the Rector's Palace which served as the Seat of the Rector of the Republic of Ragusa, and also housed an armoury, watch house and prison, so the museum contained related artifacts. We also visited the Christmas markets one last time for a mulled gin (called kahuna gin here), and the yummy 'prickle' donuts. The kids left us because Craig and I decided to visit the Museum of Modern Art of Dubrovnik which we have walked past every day as it is in the same street as our apartment. The Tasmanian Moma is safe, this was not anything to write home about. Due to our food indulgences today, dinner was a bit of cheese and biscuits at about 8pm. A fabulous day!
    Read more