Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    3. Too Cool for Pool

    January 24, 2022 in Cape Verde ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Settling into life here is fairly simple, with all the milk stuff set up in the kitchen/shower area all we need to think about each day is when we want to eat and drink.

    The temperature is hitting about 25 again today but there’s less cloud cover, and so Becky has applied all the creams. What’s funny is that the deck chairs we’ve picked are barely in the sun.

    Lily’s sleeps have been timed to perfection throughout the day. She slept for the first couple of hours by the pool and then I took her for a walk around the resort before lunch which she slept through. We repeated this in the afternoon, only we switched the walk for a swim.

    Lily wasn’t too happy about the swim. To be fair, the water is cold.

    She slept through a long dinner and we thought she was out for the night.

    Dinner lasted a good four hours because we got chatting about parenting techniques and how our parents raised us. It moved into us reminiscing about our childhoods and how it’s no surprise how we turned out the way we did.

    When we got back to the room, Lily was not happy. She continued to not be happy for a further two hours.
    Read more