Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Bariloche

    December 30, 2014 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    It took us two days, one sleep stop (Warning: Don't go to hotel Belgrano in Perito Moreno ;-) and about 1000 km to reach this destiny traveling the famous Route 40, where we were able to see more adventurous bikers and hitch-hikers wanting to achieve the route as well without the bus.

    An image of one far-away mountain chain on our left (The Andes) and the endless desert and isolation on the right, mastering all Argentinian Patagonia almost until the Atlantic coast, nothing more than wind and sun compasses this mystically beautiful landscape.
    And then getting closer to Bariloche was the big surprise; a north-nature-like microclimate, where forest and multiple lakes make this town a must- destiny for all tourists and backpackers.
    Despite knowing that we arrived during high season (New year's Eve) we got charmed by the friendly spirit of the town, so we kept delaying our check out day for a week or so. But not in vain since we had been invited (since Buenos Aires) to join a couple of Isa's university friends, David and Ximena, who were renting a car and doing the 7lakes district circuit, by chance, at the same time we were there! so what a coolest way to spend few days, with the great companion, camping and riding around this awesome area. Because the plan was to go with no plan or destination we even had to get a tent to camp, what we didn't know was that in Bariloche and surroundings temperatures can drop below cero at night =-O But nothing better than a good fire, Argentinian barbecue and friends to keep ourselves warm and inspired!
    Thank you, David and Xime, for making this part of the trip extra-special for us!
    Read more