Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 22

    Liendo to San Miguel de Meruelo

    1 de junio de 2023, España ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    This was a pretty great day. I started out walking with Charlie from Ireland who was in my albergue last night. We quickly reached Laredo on the coast where we walked on the pedestrian walkway as far as we could, then on the beach until we reached the point where we needed to catch the ferry across the estuary to Santoña. We met Manon from France who had already been walking 45 days from her home while waiting for the ferry, and ended up eating breakfast with her in Santoña and walking with her for most of the day. At breakfast we ran into a number of peregrinos who at least one of us had previously met. This made for a bit of a prolonged stop. We then walked through town until we got to a beach.

    After climbing a small steep hill that was very rocky we were rewarded with amazing views. We then descended to a long gorgeous beach where we eventually took off our shoes and walked along the water.

    By that time we were hungry for lunch and chose a restaurant overlooking the beach where once again we saw some of our pilgrim friends. We obviously were paying for the view as our salads cost more than some complete meals. And once again we spent more time than planned eating.

    We eventually said goodbye to Manon as she was planning to walk farther than us. We arrived in San Miguel de Mereulo later than planned so did our laundry at a lavandería rather than hand washing and waiting for it to dry.
    Leer más