Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Burj Al Arab

    February 22, 2022 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ 🌙 66 °F

    The world’s most luxurious hotel. The only hotel with 7 stars, they say! Well, it was opulent, ostentatious, and incredibly busy.

    Our first stop was our “free” lunch at check-in. I had the mixed seafood grill. It would have been $75 minimum at most places, but here it was a welcome. I ordered the gold plated cappuccino as a digestif.

    Next we were ushered to our 2 story room on floor 16/17 with views of downtown, but it was so sandy that you couldn’t see downtown.

    We tried as many amenities as possible: gym, pools, spa (free massage with room rate), cocktail bar, aquarium restaurant, water park, beach, etc… all marked by extreme opulence, but feeling above average at best.

    A huge benefit was all the free Hermes fragrances and soaps in the bathroom.

    The breakfast buffet was expansive, but focused on style over substance. They had fondue, but high quality options seemed limited.

    It’s a once in a life experience. I don’t know if I’d be compelled to return.

    Also, they played a song at the pool called “Horny” which was so out of place, but few noticed.
    Read more