Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Lofoten at last.

    July 10, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    I do not remember when I first saw, read or heard about the Lofoten Islands, but this has been the main reason I’ve wanted to come to Norway. Adding that I needed to cross the Arctic Circle to get here just made me even more excited to come.
    The flight to Bodø was quick, the views from the air spectacular, and the short trip from the airport to the ferry terminal uneventful. After a few hours wait for the ferry (when we were free to hike around the pier area, we boarded, and all tried to find seats on the port side, which had the best views… well, the best views from inside. The top deck gave the best views, but it was also quite sunny, and very windy. I spent at least an hour up top snapping pictures of every mountain we passed, and kept an eye out for sea birds. From time to time we went inside and grabbed a bite to eat, or chat with our tour mates. After a leisurely 3.5 hour cruise we arrived in Svolvær, the town which we will be staying in for the next few days. A short hike to our hotel, and we are ready for bed. Only challenge? The sun won’t set u til July 17th, so it’s just a bit bright out. Thank god for sleep masks!
    Read more