Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Trabadelo (9.7km / 595.8km)

    May 28, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today we had planned to stay at Caza Susi, owned by an Aussie who has walked 11 Caminos! She made the most delicious meal from home grown veggies and her partner, Fermin was a delightful Spanish host who was able to tell some good local stories and fill in some info gaps on Spain. The Camino is their calling and it works its magic! Susi bought the house and has renovated it beautifully. The downstairs area used to be an old barn where the animals would have been kept. They have changed it into a big dormitory with 10 beds. It still has the barn feel.
    It was another memorable evening of pilgrims sitting together sharing a meal (and plenty of local wine) and stories. There are always 1 or 2 with inspiring stories or heartwarming stories to tell. Tonight our hosts joined us for the meal and then there were 3 from France, 3 from Australia (incl us) 3 from US and 1 from Wales! It lived up to our hopes.
    We only had a short walk because we wanted to stay here and it was worth it but we will pay with a longer walk tomorrow.
    Our walk was mostly along the river and we got here in time for the 12pm mass which is only here every couple of weeks, as the priest had 17 villages he looks after. Then a lovely lunch at a Vegan restaurant (In Spain) and then the heavens opened! The rain kept us indoors but we managed to numb our feet in the cold river at the bottom of the property where they grow their crops.
    We really are feeling relaxed and peaceful at this stage of the Camino!
    Read more