Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 9

    Train de Lardeche

    27. mai 2019, Frankrike ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Very relaxing day. After a scenic coach drive, we arrived at Gare de Tournon St-Jean - Tournon St.John Station. We watched as the little steam engine came around the carriages and reversed back to the front carriage. Once hooked up, we were ready to roll and off we went.
    The smell of the steam engine was very evocative of my childhood.
    We chuffed through the most picturesque countryside, up steep hills, along gorges, through a 265m long tunnel and over bridges. At the turn around point, local farmers had brought some produce to sell.
    The engine was turned around on a turntable and driven around to what had been the back of the train and hooked up for our descent.
    The last photo shows a small vineyard near the station. It might not be very clear, but there are patches of red. These are poppies and they are very significant. Poppies will not grow anywhere where chemicals have been used. Poppies growing among the vines indicates that no chemicals have been used. Locals will not buy wine from a vineyard without poppies.
    Back on board for 12.30 lunch and departure for Vienne - 7.30pm scheduled arrival time.
    Les mer