Satellite
Show on map
  • Day Ten - Easter Thursday - 9 April 2020

    April 9, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Electrician connected power to shed - he loved the trench and John helped to fill it in after the cables were laid. Took a photo but it’s just a power point! Took a photo of some fairy martin nests in that shed. Annoying but very interesting. These birds are a bit like a small swallow.

    The thirty acre paddock can now be locked up as John finished the new bit of fencing. We bought some Umbrella Pine trees recently after seeing them in Spain. We may plant them along side the new bit of fencing. We have plenty of trees but need some more shade trees in that paddock.

    Started staining outside windows on the north side of the house as they have really weathered over time and are overdue some attention. Sanding was one thing but this painting is really fiddly so will probably take forever. Noticed the first Japanese windflowers are out - really pretty.

    Drove up to the back of the house block and found a really big dead tree over the fence. The tree is actually our neighbour's which fell over the fence into our paddock. As the neighbouring land is State Forest, and the owner is the Victorian Government, we won't wait for them to clean it up. Looks like great wood and should keep us in firewood for the winter.

    Finding it strange not having people drop in or even driving past.
    Read more