Satellite
Show on map
  • Days Eleven and Twelve - Quiet Easter

    April 12, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Couple of days with not a lot to report. Normally we would have family up both getting together for a catch up and to help with the Molyullah Sports. We would have had bonfires this year as the autumn break came early for a change. The Cole family celebrated at home with an indulgent breakfast of waffles with all the trimmings.

    Saturday was bitterly cold and extremely windy. Good day to take it easy. Kathy (friend who lives on the border of Molyullah/Lurg/Upper Ryan’s Creek) suggested a movie “Mostly Martha” which John taped for me to watch. Had to pull the blinds down so I could read the sub-titles. Really need these cataracts done when all this is over. Great movie. Also read Tom Keneally’s “The Daughters of Mars” which Kathy lent me. John did some fencing but gave up and came in to play patience on the Ipad.

    Sunday a little better. Easter breakfast included a chocolate and a great coffee from the machine. Chocolate was not the Haig’s quality or the hand made appeal of some Easter chocolate in times past. Just some Lindt Bunnies from Woolies! Gave some plants to Darren & Catherine next door (Hidden Valley) who are setting up their garden. Found a yukka, holly tree, red and pink geraniums, couple of plumbago plants, an elkhorne fern, and an echium which had all been set aside for the plant stall at the Easter Sports which has been cancelled. They are going to a good home.

    John completed another section of boundary fence along the road this afternoon - just another 600 metres to go up a very steep hill.

    We have an evaporative cooling system with vents in every room. As it has turned quite cool decided it was time to put the covers on for winter. Took most of the afternoon up and down a ladder taking out the shutters, washing them and putting them back and then putting the covers on (which have magnetic edges so are fairly easy). Probably should leave washing the vent shutters until spring but I had the time today.

    John took a photo of the Lipstick Maple near the verandah which is starting to change colour. It ends up being a really bright pinky red - will take another pic in May.
    Read more