Satellit
Vis på kort
  • DayThirteen - Easter Monday 13 April 202

    13. april 2020, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Normally Easter Monday would start early and we would run the spinning wheel at the sports. Found a couple of photos from 2016 - just so we don’t forget.

    Made up a list for today so I could keep on track to get things done. Paint one coat on two windows, collect a load of rock and put into some erosion damage, collect a load of morning wood (to save splitting kindling), file or delete items in sent box, do some mowing, and make some chutney. Perhaps this was a bit ambitious but as it turns out nothing can be crossed off this list!

    John was a bit sore after overdoing the fencing yesterday but felt he could plant a few trees. Over the last few years we have been trying to plant for more shade in the paddocks over at Tiger Hill Park. We double fenced the south boundary and planted lemon scented gums we had dug up at Kathy and Peter Z’s farm. We lost about half and have replaced with poplars, peppercorns and oaks - all do well here with very little effort and all free from cuttings or little oaks that grow under existing trees. We have also fenced off a very wet gully which also needed replacement plantings.

    Gathered our gear and trees to plant but found a neighbour’s little calf in the boundary plantation. We walked it along the fence to the gate and shooed it back to the herd next door. It called out for ages but finally found its mother and its breakfast. We worked until lunchtime and finished the boundary plantation. The gully had to wait for the afternoon. Due to the lush grass we found a cow had pushed on the fence so it could step over it - more fencing before we could plant new trees. All done but too weary to even look at my list.

    Saw a ring of mushrooms - pretty small as we have sen them make much bigger circles in the higher country.

    John did a drive around and saw a cat in the bush - no shot of the cat as he didn’t have the camera ... or his gun!
    Læs mere