Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Day 21

    21 aprile 2020, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Drove up to check on a bonfire first thing - could smell smoke so hopeful it had burnt away and it had. This area will come up a treat as it is near the top of Little Sam’s Creek and has great soil. We also had to check the wombat holes as a chap from DELWP is coming out to see them. They do a lot of damage near the creeks and cause erosion. Hard to get a photo as they mainly come out at night. We don’t mind them but prefer they dig on the hills.

    Found Darren and Catherine drafting the slow calvers out of their herd - we noticed one was being suckled and needed to go with the herd. They then let the bull out. We may use their bull next season - they used our old bull for a couple of seasons and this was part of the deal.

    Second load of road surface delivered today and it makes a difference to the tracks - both in how they look and how they perform. The dirt tracks get very slippery in the wet so it is quite timely. Hopefully the last load will be soon. They are very busy and Tracy the office lady said people are worried and want to get all their jobs done. I suspect a lot are like us and want the tracks right before winter. The young cattle in particular love a sticky beak when something out of the ordinary is going on.
    Leggi altro