Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 3

    Yet more ups and downs

    15 Juli 2020, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    WOW! Just goes to show that you never know what the day might bring.
    The day started with Kathy Z sending a photo taken on her early morning walk - just the thing to brighten up a very frosty morning. Feel free to send a photo too.
    More prepping for today's visitors. We were given a bottle of Moet by one of our hunters so that was on ice. Visitors arrived at 10.00am. One of those expected wasn't well so didn't come. After coffee and almond croissants, Janette took them to see the waterfalls.
    I’d noticed some cows had escaped from the calving paddock. Some time ago, a large tree fell over the top fence of that paddock also into the open gateway. I suspected this was where they had escaped - it was. Using the tractor, I managed to clear enough of the branches to enable me to close the gate.
    Lunch - 1.00pm to 4.30pm.
    As we were packing up, I looked out of the window and saw a police paddy wagon coming up the drive. I told the others that the police were here, but they didn’t believe me. A few minutes later, two cops were explaining that they were looking for a missing man who went walkabout from his house in the next valley - Watchbox Creek Valley. He lives with his son and daughter-in-law. He’s 85 and has dementia. He's done this at least once before. Rusty, our local travelling butcher, lives at the very end of Watchbox. The missing man turned up at his place when he went missing previously.
    We drove up as far as we could to have a look for him. I'll go up in the tractor first thing tomorrow and should be able to have a better look around.
    At 5.45, two more police arrived asking for help to find Schultz Rd. We told them the way. We explained that it's a fire track into the State Forest, it's 4WD territory and it's going to be dark soon...
    We'll leave outside lights on overnight. If he comes this way, he may come in.
    Baca selengkapnya