Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    No news yet

    July 16, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 5 °C

    Thursday 16/07/2020.
    As I write this Wallace (Wally) McGown is still missing, somewhere in the bush with another freezing night setting in.
    I called the police before daybreak and they informed me that he hadn't been found. I headed up in the tractor to check the paddocks along Schultz Rd. Janette went to neighbouring properties where she knew no-one was home and checked the sheds.
    We drove down to the Molyullah Hall which is search headquarters. There were police, the air wing and mounties, SES, CFA and civvies. We reported to the police and headed home. There were vehicles going in all directions. Police have come in from Mansfield and Marysville as they're used to this sort of terrain.
    Janette mobilised some ladies to make scones and she made sandwiches. I went back up the top for another look. This time there were police 4WDs there so I just looked along the inside of the fenceline.
    Wally has gone missing before. The picture of the map shows his home and the piggery where he ended up last time. The high spot shown is, apparently, where he likes to walk to.
    Everyone left outside lights on last night and will tonight.
    There are teams coming tomorrow who are trained at doing walking searches through the bush.
    Here's hoping.

    Friday morning - Wally has been found deceased...
    Read more