Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 11

    Oranges for marmalade.

    23 juillet 2020, Australie ⋅ ☀️ 8 °C

    Went to Lex's to pick some oranges before the birds get them all. Janette said that if I pick them, she’ll make marmalade. That's an offer too good to refuse!
    On checking out the septic tank site, it is obvious that some remedial work is required. In fact all the areas dug for the tank and pipes have some subsidence. Once the ground has dried out a bit, I'll bucket some soil in and level it out.
    Having picked many of the oranges within reach, I headed home.
    Peter and Kathy Z came for afternoon tea so that passed a couple of hours very pleasantly.
    Mike Larkin, printer of the Tatong Tattler, phoned to say the August edition was printed and we could pick up ours.
    As the Tattlers are left for us at the Tatong community notice board and post boxes, and as these are next to the Tatong Tavern, we decided to do the pick-up and eat at the Tavern whilst over there. Nice to see quite a few there. Pedro has taken on a job at L S Quarries, starting at 6am each day and working in the pub at night. He's hoping to keep the Tavern going through this crisis.
    We have a white faced heron that seems to have decided that the top of our power pole is a good observation point.
    En savoir plus