Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 1

    Up, up and away.

    28 de maio de 2015, Austrália ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We're off!
    Arrived at Tullamarine Airport early and, after checking in our luggage, we had breakfast.
    The plane was very comfortable. The food was fantastic - in fact we couldn't eat it all. There's no alcohol on Royal Brunei planes. We didn't know this prior to flying but it didn't matter to us.
    We flew for a long time across Central Australia. The views were amazing. We were at the rear of the plane where it narrows and there are two seats instead of three on the window side of the aisles. That meant we could move about and look out of the window without disturbing anyone.
    We could see red earth, rock formations, cliffs, gorges and mountain ranges.Many of the views reminded us of Aboriginal artwork.
    First impressions of Brunei are of a beautiful, quietly affluent place - very clean and well maintained.
    Checked into the Radisson Brunei - very nice.
    For dinner, we walked to a local food park and ate with the locals. Quite a half star sort of place. Some people might feel uncomfortable but we really enjoyed it. Everyone was happy and friendly and the food was very inexpensive. It was less than $6.00 for us both and that included iced drinks. The sweet chilli fish was fantastic.
    Leia mais