Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 13

    Adare.

    9. kesäkuuta 2015, Irlanti ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    Slow start but because breakfast was not provided we were away at 9.00am after checking the milking in an 8 a side dairy. We again discussed the future with the ending of farm subsidies. What a different response! This time it was all very positive- they see it as an opportunity. They are already looking at leasing land from the neighbour, buying more cows and their son is coming into the business. The first dairy farm we stayed on is in Northern Ireland (UK) and this one is in the republic (Europe).
    Walked the Adare river walk, window shopped, checked out the Blackabbey Friary which was founded in 1316. Had a coffee in Adare before driving to Dingle. Had lunch on the way in Tralee in a lovely coffee shop cum restaurant.
    Spectacular scenery - vast valleys and coastal views. Stopped at a medieval collection of houses, farm buildings, and bee hive huts. After driving the loop we had apple pie and a cuppa in Dingle before driving back to Adare for pub meal at Aunty Lena's - bacon & cabbage in white sauce (nearest to corned beef & mustard sauce).
    Back to Adare farm cottage to do the washing etc. before heading off to Cork tomorrow.
    Lue lisää