Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 138

    Ferry rides and food.

    17. april 2023, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Plan for today is lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant, Botanic House, in the Botanic Gardens.

    We drove to Sydney Olympic Park to catch the rivercat ferry into Sydney down the Parramatta River. It's a 55 minute ride past waterfront properties that show how the other half live.

    We disembarked at Circular Quay and headed toward the Opera House. Just past the Opera House is the Botanic Gardens and a short stroll took us to lunch.

    On the way we stopped at a sculpture by a sculptor much admired by Paul, Bronwyn Oliver.

    Lunch was a nine course degustation, Vietnamese cuisine. It was delicious!

    A new exhibit, the Calyx, was highly recommended so we headed off to see that. This area can be hired for weddings, parties, anything…

    We then headed back to Circular Quay. On Trish's suggestion, we took the ferry to Watson's Bay and back before heading back to home. (A seniors card holder in NSW can travel on public transport for $2.50 per day).

    On arrival back at the Olympic Park Wharf, we had to walk past some shops back to the car park. One shop, an asian grocers, had peking ducks hanging in the window. It was decided then - dinner was to be spring rolls. Trish went in to buy rice paper, capsicum,spring onion, cucumber etc while Paul bought a duck and had it chopped up. Dinner was sorted.
    Læs mere